Care Home Visiting in a COVID-19 World
A new iteration of the Government guidance on visiting in care homes was issued on 16.7.21 to reflect the Step 4 changes. This removed the limits on named visitors. A new iteration of the visiting out of care homes guidance has also been issued (15.7.21).
Below you can find a link to our ‘Partners in Care’ resource which will help you implement this new guidance. There are also links to previous statements and campaigns to enable visiting in care homes.
- Partners in Care: Resources to support meaningful visits – Updated March 2021
- Partners in Care: The Essential Care Giver Role – video resources
- Healthwatch Leeds: Being an Essential Care Giver
- FAQs about Essential Caregiver Role – Relatives & Residents Association
- Partners in Care: Joint blogpost with Rights for Residents
- Improvement Academy Blog – The ‘essential caregiver role’: can we progress this in the mainstream?
- CPA visitors’ protocol
- Deadline for Action on Care Home Visiting – 9.2.21
- Call to action on visiting – November 2020
- People need people – reopening care homes – July 2020