Resources to help digital enabling
Throughout the COVID-19 crisis, and the subsequent Lockdown, we have seen the many inspiring and creative ways professional care teams have found to keep those receiving care connected to their loved ones and to life. Care settings are using more digital forms of connectivity to create vibrant, stimulating activities and to enable residents to see their friends and family beyond the doors of the care home.
Our members have highlighted the increasing importance of their staff being digitally enabled and digitally confident, and the current COVID-19 crisis has made this even more vital.
Simple practical resources
Our response has been to develop a series of simple practical resources (15 crib sheets) to help providers, big and small, make the best use of digital technology for their residents and staff in a COVID-19 World.
Designed to help both staff and residents, or anyone using services, the crib sheets are simple, bright and use straightforward language. They are designed to be printed and laminated by care settings for multiple use, but they are just as useful to help anyone in their own home, as well as carers and families and friends.
Crib Sheets to download
The crib sheets, grouped into 3 key themes, are available to download below. We encourage you to download and print the whole series or whichever sheets you find most helpful.
- Types of devices that you can use to access the internet
- Getting started – what you need to do once you have your devices
- Connecting to the internet – what the options are and how to do it
- Accessibility – making the most of the accessibility functions on devices
- Keeping safe online – the essentials
- Social networks – what they are, how to use them, top tips
- Video calling – what it means, what you need, how to do it
- Web Portals – what they are, how to use them, top tips
- Messaging – emails, text messages, WhatsApp – what they are, how to use them, top tips
- Sending and receiving photos – how to do it, top tips
Wellbeing & Resilience
- Search Engines – what they are, how to use them, top tips
- App stores – what they are, how to use them, top tips
- Supporting staff during COVID-19
- Supporting residents during COVID-19
- Resident’s Portals – what they are, how they work