Care home owners, providers, investors and managers who want to succeed next year and get insights into putting themselves in the best possible position can now download a free eBrochure from expert care consultants, Fulcrum Care.
With rising costs and a legacy of post-Covid nervousness, recruitment and occupancy remain the two key challenges leading into 2023. Care homes are having to find new ways to look after vulnerable residents safely and effectively, protect staff and keep them motivated through the most difficult of circumstances, whilst ensuring compliance.
‘12 lessons we learnt in 2022 that will strengthen your care home in 2023’ covers:
- The most identified issues in care homes that could be improved both simply and effectively
- How to create a safe and considerate care home environment
- How to increase confidence through person-centred care
- How to secure and hold onto good care home ratings
- How to improve care retention rates of care home staff and occupants
- How to nurture and develop new and existing care staff
- How to always strive for a better quality of care for residents
- How to improve care home commercials
The key battlegrounds of recruitment and occupancy that Fulcrum identified in 20221 remain, with Skills For Care stating in its annual report, The state of the adult social care sector and workforce in England,2 that total vacancies in the sector have increased by more than half in just 12 months, amounting to 165,000 vacant posts as of October 2022. These staffing challenges in turn impact occupancy and commercials.
“Those that tackle the core issues behind struggling recruitment and occupancy levels will remain the strongest in 2023. The eBrochure has been constructed as a guide to provide much-needed insight and strategic solutions as we prepare for next year,” said Tony Thiru.
The full eBrochure, ‘12 lessons we learnt in 2022 that will strengthen your care home in 2023’ can be downloaded for free from the Fulcrum Care website, at: https://fulcrumcareconsulting.com/12-lessons-we-learnt-in-2022-that-will-strengthen-your-care-home-in-2023/