In the 20+ years I have been in social care I have never experienced such a committed group of people working on providers behalf as all of you. These meetings, the regular updates and the insight is incredibly useful for all of us in Anchor Hanover.
Rob Martin, Managing Director – Care Services, Anchor Hanover
Join us now
Member Benefits from NCF
- NCF Forums – regular hot topic meetings for senior directors in HR, Finance, Marketing, Practice & Quality, Digital Transformation, and Learning Disability, plus Governance Forum – for your trustees
- Real time peer support Q&A service across the membership
- NCF Consult – a service connecting you to expert support in fields such as coaching and mentoring, preparing for CQC inspections, supporting organisation transformation
- Digital Social Care – NCF has been instrumental in setting up a new helpline and website to support the adult social care sector with harnessing technology during the COVID-19 outbreak and has 2 Digital Transformation Leads to support you
- Surveys – we create and administer two FREE confidential surveys focusing on benchmarking reports and rewards in the workplace
- Conferences – we organise two major conference per year – our CEO’s Conference in the Spring and our Managers Conference in the Autumn – NCF members have access to exclusive delegate fees
- General Members Meetings – an opportunity to hear from key influencers in the sector
- As the English Chapter of the Global Ageing Network NCF has organised study tours to European countries and Scandinavia
- Briefings and Publications – access to specialist sector information including: current legislation, regulation, quality issues, workforce issues, recruitment and retention, pensions, VAT, funding, supplier services, service developments and best practice
- Partnership with My Home Life England which promotes a better quality of life for older people in care settings
- Free promotion of your organisation and services – your dedicated member page on our website
- Free news promotion – your press releases and news stories promoted here for free!
The NCF is dedicated to representing its members and voicing concerns to the decision makers, keeping members up-to-date with news and developments in the care sector and providing opportunities to meet and share ideas and best practice.
We ensure the voice and experiences of not-for-profit providers are heard
Unite and campaign: The NCF represents members’ views at national level
- Vic Rayner, NCF Executive Director, is Co-Chair of the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Adult Social Care (APPG) to influence parliament
- Vic is a Commissioner on SCIE’s new Commission on the role of housing in the future of care and support
- Vic was also Chair of the Government Strategic Advisory Forum for Workforce and Co-Chair of the Workforce Advisory Group for the Social Care Sector COVID-19 Support Taskforce
- NCF has had a central role in working with DHSC, LGA and PHE to ensure that central and local government policy development and guidance is relevant and reflects the needs of the care sector – during the Covid 19 pandemic and on an ongoing basis. We are a trusted voice, offering insight and ensuring that members needs are heard at the top table
- NCF have shown leadership around digital transformation, Vic Co-Chairs the government Digital Advisory Group. NCF are strategic leaders in Digital Social Care and have dedicated digital transformation staff and are delivering a wide range of digital projects to benefit members and those they provide care and support for.
Keep up to date: We manage the plethora of information for you
- NCF interprets the latest policy and guidance
- Regular Briefings
- NCF Members Weekly Newsletter
- Also see our latest Press Releases
Keeping you connected: It is this connectedness that has proven to be invaluable to our members particularly during the recent COVID -19 pandemic
- Weekly Zoom calls for senior teams and those at the frontline to share your experiences, concerns and help NCF shape our asks to government, DHSC, PHE, CQC and other regulatory bodies
- Dedicated Forum groups we manage six virtual forums for directors in HR, Marketing, Practice and Quality, Digital Technology, Finance and Governance.
- Peer support through our real time questions and answers service
- Access to leading industry experts and support through our Partnership Programme.
The membership year runs from 1 April to 31 March, with applications received part way through the year calculated on a pro-rata basis.
For organisations with a turnover under £2.5m, our annual fee is the minimum payment of £500, and to give you an estimate £3m = £600, £4m = £800 etc.
If you would like an exact figure send your exact turnover from registered care and support services to [email protected]
We define affiliate members as offering services associated with care and support, but do not themselves have registered services.
Affiliate members are entitled to all the benefits of full membership, including our Weekly Newsletter and essential briefings as well as invitations to our supportive Forums, General Members Meetings and conferences.
The only exception is that affiliate members are not eligible to vote at the Annual General Meeting.Join us nowAgenda Consulting Social Care Reward: Pay, Terms & Conditions 2021-22 benchmarking study includes the Pay, Terms and Conditions 21-22 Report and NCF Personnel report – free to NCF Members at saving of at least £700.NCF members qualify for a 20% discount with the training partner – Altura Learning, a Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD accredited online training provider. Altura Learning work with a number of NCF members to engage, inform and inspire their staff to deliver outstanding care via a multi award winning digital learning platform.
Anthony Collins Solicitors offer NCF members a reduced rate on legal fees, a fixed price package for housing with care and care home property development projects. Sign up to receive their e-briefing.
Free subscription to Care Management Matters magazine
Cohesion Care Character– use the tool to hire your next two hires for free.Institute of of Health and Social Care Management (IHSCM)
- 1 year free membership for 1 person from each NCF member organisation.In addition, a discounted membership rate of £100 (plus VAT) per year for another leader/manager from each NCF member organisation.
(IHSCM membership is on a rolling basis per person. Full membership – £156 per annum or £13 per month)HC-UK Social Care CPD Conferences – NCF members receive 20% discount with code hcuk20ncf
My Life TV is the first video-on-demand TV channel for people living with dementia.
My Life TV is offering their subscription service free to NCF members. Sign up now!Oomph On Demand provides a whole World of wellbeing resources and support, whenever you need it. Engaging activity ideas, exercise inspiration and training tools all in one easy to navigate platform. Perfect for both activities teams and carers with completely flexible and constantly updated content.
Oomph On Demand is being offered at a discounted rate of £80 per month per home, for all NCF members. Find out more here
“NCF cuts through the noise and is my go to place for information and guidance”
The Orders St John Care Trust