Take a look at just some of the membership benefits you will receive when you join us
- 8 NCF Forums– regular hot topic meetings for senior directors in HR, Finance, Marketing & Communications, Practice & Quality, Digital Transformation, Learning Disability, Housing with Care, plus Governance Forum – for your trustees
- Real time peer support Q&A service across the membership
- Free promotion of your organisation and services – your dedicated member page on our website
- Free news promotion – your press releases and news stories promoted here for free!
- New NFP badge (see more details further down this page) to help people better recognise social care services operated by not for profit providers, as well as being part of a membership organisation that works together to offer great care. This has been developed exclusively for NCF members to display. The new badge is in response to a survey carried out with 1,500 adults in England in which 75% of respondents said they preferred not for profit organisations or local authority provision over that offered by other provision.
- NCF Consult – a service connecting you to expert support in fields such as coaching and mentoring, preparing for CQC inspections, supporting organisation transformation
- Digital Social Care – NCF has been instrumental in setting up a new helpline and website to support the adult social care sector with harnessing technology during the COVID-19 outbreak and has 2 Digital Transformation Leads to support you
- Surveys – we create and administer two FREE confidential surveys focusing on benchmarking reports and rewards in the workplace
- Conferences – we organise two major conference per year – our CEO’s, Directors & Trustees Conference in the Autumn and our Managers Conference in the Spring – NCF members have access to exclusive delegate fees
- General Members Meetings – an opportunity to hear from key influencers in the sector
- As the English Chapter of the Global Ageing Network NCF has organised study tours to European countries and Scandinavia
- Briefings and Publications – access to specialist sector information including: current legislation, regulation, quality issues, workforce issues, recruitment and retention, pensions, VAT, funding, supplier services, service developments and best practice
- Partnership with My Home Life England which promotes a better quality of life for older people in care settings
nooa is a SaaS business communication platform developed for home care. nooa is an app that works on your PC, tablet and mobile phone. It brings all of your communication to one place, allowing you to access information anytime, from anywhere – without losing control. nooa are offering NCF members 90% discount on their ‘Overcoming staff shortage’ services for the first 10 members who register. Follow this link to find out more: National Care Forum – 90% discount.
NCF Members exclusive offer – get 3 months free subscription to My Life TV using the code NCFOFFER
Why should you join?
The NCF is dedicated to representing its members and voicing concerns to the decision makers, keeping members up-to-date with news and developments in the care sector and providing opportunities to meet and share ideas and best practice.
We ensure the voice and experiences of not-for-profit providers are heard
Unite and campaign: The NCF represents members’ views at national level
- Vic Rayner OBE, Chief Executive of NCF, is Co-Chair of the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Adult Social Care (APPG) to influence parliament
- Vic is a Commissioner on SCIE’s new Commission on the role of housing in the future of care and support
- Vic was also Chair of the Government Strategic Advisory Forum for Workforce and Co-Chair of the Workforce Advisory Group for the Social Care Sector COVID-19 Support Taskforce
- NCF has had a central role in working with DHSC, LGA and PHE to ensure that central and local government policy development and guidance is relevant and reflects the needs of the care sector – during the Covid 19 pandemic and on an ongoing basis. We are a trusted voice, offering insight and ensuring that members needs are heard at the top table
- NCF have shown leadership around digital transformation, Vic Co-Chairs the government Digital Advisory Group. NCF are strategic leaders in Digital Social Care and have dedicated digital transformation staff and are delivering a wide range of digital projects to benefit members and those they provide care and support for.
How much does it cost?
The membership year runs from 1 April to 31 March, with applications received part way through the year calculated on a pro-rata basis.
For organisations with a turnover under £2.5m, our annual fee is the minimum payment of £500, and to give you an estimate £3m = £630, £4m = £840 etc.
If you would like an exact figure send your exact turnover from registered care and support services to April Ross, Membership Engagement Officer
Associate members have access to member updates, resources and support and may benefit from the member rates for conferences and events and discounts for professional services. Please note associate members may join our forum groups by invitation only.
The cost of associate membership is £500 p.a. The membership year runs from 1 April to 31 March, with applications received part way through the year calculated on a pro-rata basis.
Not-for-profit organisations that are part of the care and support sector but without any registered services, such as outreach and community support services, care associations, professional standard bodies, are eligible to become associate members of the NCF.
Contact April Ross, Membership Engagement Officer for more information on how to apply.
NCF ‘s new NFP badge has been developed to help people better recognise social care services operated by not for profit providers, as well as being part of a membership organisation that works together to offer great care. This has been developed exclusively for NCF members to display. The new badge is in response to a survey carried out with 1,500 adults in England in which 75% of respondents said they preferred not for profit organisations or local authority provision over that offered by other provision.
Contact April Ross, Membership Engagement Officer for more details on how to use the logo
Agenda Consulting Social Care Reward: Pay, Terms & Conditions 2021-22 benchmarking study includes the Pay, Terms and Conditions 21-22 Report and NCF Personnel report – free to NCF Members at saving of at least £700.
Contact Finn Turner-Berry, Policy, Research and Projects Officer for details on how to sign up
NCF members qualify for a 20% discount with the training partner – Altura Learning, a Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD accredited online training provider. Altura Learning work with a number of NCF members to engage, inform and inspire their staff to deliver outstanding care via a multi award winning digital learning platform.
Anthony Collins Solicitors offer NCF members a reduced rate on legal fees, a fixed price package for housing with care and care home property development projects. Sign up to receive their e-briefing.
With employers in Adult Social Care across the UK facing unprecedented challenges filling vacancies, Neil Eastwood has waived the enrolment fee permanently on a 120-lesson online video recruitment training course to support the sector.
Dementia support for care homes is a subscription service for care teams who are supporting a person living with dementia where behaviour is impacting their care. This non-pharmacological, relationship-based service delivers:
- A better understanding of the behaviour of a person with dementia (known as BPSD).
- Problem solving time with a specialist consultant to agree on the actions which can be taken.
- Personal and organisational confidence and capacity in response to dementia.
Subscribers can access a library of resources, an e-learning suite and dementia consultant support via live chat or phone/video consultation.
NCF members can access a 10% discount on their first annual subscription.
1 year free membership for 1 person from each NCF member organisation.In addition, a discounted membership rate of £100 (plus VAT) per year for another leader/manager from each NCF member organisation.
(IHSCM membership is on a rolling basis per person. Full membership – £156 per annum or £13 per month)
Oomph On Demand provides a whole World of wellbeing resources and support, whenever you need it. Engaging activity ideas, exercise inspiration and training tools all in one easy to navigate platform. Perfect for both activities teams and carers with completely flexible and constantly updated content.
Oomph On Demand is being offered at a discounted rate of £80 per month per home, for all NCF members. Find out more here
Take a look at the NCF Partners pages to see how they can support your organisation