Harbour House is a residential care home for the elderly located in beautiful grounds with seaside and harbour views. We are registered to provide residential care without nursing for up to 35 residents. We also have two short breaks rooms available for individuals or couples. Harbour House was inspected by CQC in December 2018 and we are proud to have achieved an ‘outstanding’ rating.
Harbour House was built by a local Quaker over 50 years ago and we ensure that we work to the Quaker ethos of ‘thinking with an open mind rather than following strict rules and regulations’
This ethos is shared by all the staff and residents and encourages a dignified, respectful, honest and open living / working environment.
We are committed to preserving and encouraging every resident’s privacy, individuality and choice by making Harbour House a ‘home from home’
We strive to achieve this by:
- empowering residents to have their privacy and time alone respected by all
- understanding that each resident is an ‘individual’
- encouraging residents to take and make their own decisions whilst supporting the risks and outcomes
- assisting residents with their daily routines and choices including menu and activity options
- ensuring residents basic rights are honoured and maintained
- avoiding a clinical approach and championing ‘fun’
- promoting a resident driven rather than task driven approach to our daily routine.