Nightingale Hammerson is delighted to announce that Nightingale House has again been awarded the rating of Outstanding by the Care Quality Commission (CQC), following their inspection at the end of 2022.
Nightingale Hammerson provides residential, nursing, dementia, and palliative care to the Jewish community at Nightingale House in Clapham and Hammerson House, Wohl Campus in Hampstead.
Since the start of the pandemic, Nightingale House is the only care home, with nursing, in London to retain an Outstanding rating following a full inspection*. Nightingale House continues to be the only CQC Outstanding care home serving the older Jewish community in the UK.
The CQC report states that Residents:
- are truly respected and valued as individuals; and empowered as partners in their care in an exceptional service,
- passionately supported and encouraged to be part of their local community,
- at the end of their lives received exceedingly compassionate care. Their wishes were detailed and recorded when people wished to share this including their preferences and choices for end of life care,
- benefited from research-based practices such as ‘Namaste care’ which was designed to give one to one comfort and pleasure to people through sensory stimulation, especially the use of touch and scent in a relaxed environment,
- and that the leadership was exceptional and distinctive. Leaders and the service culture they created drove and improved high-quality, person-centred care.
Melvin Lawson, Chairman, Nightingale Hammerson: “Our last CQC inspection was in 2018 and despite the challenges of the pandemic, to retain the highest possible rating of Outstanding from our regulator is a great achievement. I thank our dedicated care teams and wish to acknowledge their immense hard work. My thanks also to our volunteers and donors who have enabled our provision of innovative and Outstanding care.”
Jenny Pattinson, Chief Executive, Nightingale Hammerson: “Retaining our Outstanding CQC rating is testament to our wonderful, kind and compassionate care teams at Nightingale House. My sincere gratitude to Clemence Muchingaguyo, Registered Manager of Nightingale House, and Nuno Santos Lopes, Director of Care. Their expertise meant we continued to improve our care provision during and after the pandemic; providing exceptional guidance to our care teams.”
Nightingale Hammerson offers exceptional care to our Residents as well as their families, who have peace of mind knowing their loved ones are being cared for well. The charity will continue to develop and strive to always do better, by listening to Residents and their families, and by learning from each other and the wider professional care sector.