Trident Reach the People Charity became a registered Charity on 1 October 2009, but has been delivering innovative support services to vulnerable adults as a social business for the past 40 years as the Care & Support Department of Trident Housing Association.
We operate across the Midlands, delivering person centred care and support services to a diverse range of people with complex and multiple needs. Reach has a strong philosophy of working in partnership with our customers, stakeholders and the communities we serve.
Although Trident was established in 1965, the present day Trident Housing Association is the result
of several mergers with other housing associations over a quarter of a century ago.
Trident now looks after approximately 3000 homes that have cost more than £90million to develop.
In those intervening years Trident has established a strong reputation in both the East and West
Midlands, as a provider of both good quality affordable homes and associated care and support services.
The Association is managed and controlled by voluntary Board members who bring with them
commitment and a range of skills that are essential to Trident's successful operation.
The Board has a responsibility to evaluate Trident's strategy. The professional experience
of these Board members can be called upon to enhance the decision making process within the
Association. The Association reserves four places on the Board for nominees of the Residents'
Forum. It is through this Forum that residents can become directly involved in the running of
The operating strategy of the Association is controlled by a senior management team consisting
of four directors who report to the Chief Executive:
- Director of Care and Support Services
- Director of Housing Services
- Chief Finance Officer
- Director of HR and Organisational Development
We are a social business providing:
- Support and services to individuals and communities through good business practice.
- Quality accommodation in an economically viable manner.
Treat people with equal consideration, recognising the diverse contributions people make to their community and place of work, value openness and be prepared to listen.
Work together to achieve a common objective, share knowledge and resources, focusing on the need to reach agreement.
Encourage people to develop their experience, consider innovative ways of working and promote personal development for self and others.
Recognise individual contribution to a positive working environment. Enhance the ability to balance work with life as a whole through shared optimism and a sense of humour.
To provide affordable housing for those in greatest need and to deliver high quality client-centred housing management and care services.
Turning that aspiration into reality will be done through 6 clearly defined objectives:
- To continuously improve the quality of services and provide quality homes
- To explore customer needs in order to provide new services
- To work with stakeholders to minimise exclusion and build sustainable communities
- To maintain and reinvest in the Association's asset base
- To listen to, engage with and increase the influence that customers have in all aspects of the business
- To recruit, retain and value people who are committed to Trident's vision
Of course, none of this will be possible without the hard work and dedication of everyone involved with Trident.