Are you eligible to join?
NCF welcomes any organisation working in the not-for-profit or voluntary services sector providing care services for adults in the UK. Our membership reflects the wide diversity of the care sector and includes organisations providing:
- home care
- residential and nursing care in care home settings
- housing with care including supported living, extracare and retirement living communities
- day care
- intermediate care
- outreach care and support services
- specialist provision for adults receiving advice, care and support services through the not-for-profit sector
The NCF Constitution defines ‘not for profit’ as...
"meaning that the applicant’s profits are retained within the organisation in order to further its objectives and, in furtherance of this, the applicant’s constitution prohibits the distribution to its members (both on an on-going basis and on a winding up) of the applicant’s profits or surpluses”.
Registered with the Charity Commission for England and Wales, Northern Ireland, or the Scottish Charity Regulator
- Social Enterprises
e.g. partnerships, community interest companies and industrial and provident societies - businesses with primarily social objectives
- Community Groups and Voluntary Organisations
e.g. housing associations and charitable trusts
If your organisation is not-for-profit and provides any of the above services to adults in the UK ...you are eligible to join the NCF! For other organisations, please see information on affiliate membership.